Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Reading Diary B: Russian Folk Tales



The Witch Girl was such a great story! Wow, I never thought I would see what they were writing about. The most interesting thing I found about this story is the people's resiliency. A witch would come into a house and all would fear knowing a witch is coming at some point. The witch comes silently and kills. So, I wondered why the people just let this continue to happen. Their resiliency was very low. This made the hero, the Cossack, even better though! The witch comes in and he listens to his natural instincts, which is to protect everyone in the house he is staying in for the night. The witch came in and the Cossack cut her arm off. Everyone was alive and they went to search for the witch and found a little girl missing an arm. Finally, one person stood against her and ended this dreadful streak! I couldn't believe it took so long for someone to do that.

The Two Corpses was a very interesting story. Its about a soldier that escapes two corpses that come alive and chase him. The corpses end up getting into a fight and fall lifeless leaving the soldier to leave safely. The most interesting thing I found about this story was the shock value. The story was flowing like normal and all of a sudden you hear that a corpse is chasing the soldier. That freaked me out pretty good. Could you imagine anything worse? You are headed home in the dark and get chased by a corpse? It would be terrifying. I thought the writer did a very good job in making this a frightful piece. 


No comments:

Post a Comment