Monday, December 7, 2015

Reflections


This picture sums up my semester. I just got this headshot taken for my acting for camera career I'm pursuing. This class has made me believe in the imaginary and belief in dreaming more than before. I have learned to bring things to life in my portfolio and in turn, my real life. No joke my character development has sky rocketed. This is why I am most proud of my portfolio stories. I didn't have as much time as I'd like, but I dreamed huge. I made an epic storyline and was more creative than I have ever been. I think people saw that. I left so much out due to time constraints, but you may see this in the future. Who knows! I feel like I created something truly original. Obviously, there'd be trouble with a script like this in real life for copyright purposes, but I feel like I created something like never before. This is why I am most proud of my portfolio stories. 

My most valuable take away from this class is knowing professional structures. What I mean is, if you want to be a professional writer, know all of the rules. If I want to be an actor, I need to know the ins and outs. A person needs to know all of the essentials so they don't mess up on something elementary. Then expand from there beyond your wildest dreams. Know the rules and then expand your horizons.    

1 comment:

  1. Ben, this headshot is great!!! And what an inspiring post. I am glad the class was useful for you. I had a blast with your Portfolio, and check it out: public domain means no copyright worries. Even Alice is in the public domain! So Adam and Eve, Alice and the Rabbit, Beowulf... they all belong to ALL of us. (Not true of LoTR, Harry Potter, etc. ... but still: there's LOTS to work with that is pre-1923, in the public domain now).

    And I am glad you have such a distinctive name ... that means someday I might be looking at your name in imdb.com and I'll be able to say, Oh, yes, THAT Ben Luton. I knew him way back when! :-)

    ReplyDelete